Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Depression isn't a fad

Some days I barely hold on when life drags me down, I wanna let go
But when my spirit is weak you come to my aid and strengthen my soul
I'm lost without you, I'll never doubt you
Your grace is beyond compare
Some people don't wanna talk about it, some people just wanna be left alone to deal with it on their own. Depression rules a lot of lives all over the world. I'm one of many in this world that's been in that dark place(and sometimes drift into it again).

I was at the point of no return. I felt so lost...so empty inside. I didn't understand why I felt the way that I felt! If you know me, you know I'm the happiest girl in the world. I felt like something was missing inside of me..a void that I just couldn't fix. I cried many times at work in those bathroom stalls.

I struggled with depression once before..I was around 19 years old. I was actually cutting myself when I got super down on myself. Was it me? Was I insane? Was I losing my mind? That's what you think when you're depressed. You THINK you're losing your mind but you're not. You feel like all your walls are crashing down on you and that you're so alone in the world, no matter who's surrounding you.

I had absolutely no reason to be sad...but of course the enemy aka the devil, tries to ruin our happiness. He feeds off of our misery and self doubt. He wants us to think we don't deserve any type of happiness...but the Lord thinks differently of his children. He comforts us, hugs us, forgives us and he knows when his child feels any type of hurt. You have to rely on God because his grace helps in every tiny situation. 

I braved up and went to the doctor, chemical imbalance making me feel the way that I did. I'm on antidepressants. I never thought in a million years that I, smiley face Tina, would be on antidepressants. But you know what? There's nothing wrong with coming forward and asking for help. Why else do you think God died for our sins? It wasn't for no reason.

So if you feel depressed...please get help..talk to someone..talk to the doctor...talk to GOD...because you are loved unconditionally, no matter how you feel!

Tina O.




0 comments:

Post a Comment