Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Cancer: A pain in the neck, literally.

I keep getting asked on why I've lost so much weight when I was already skinny to begin with so here's the long story behind it.

I was diagnosed with Papillary Cancer at the end of July last year aka thyroid cancer. For those of you who have no idea what a thyroid is, here goes! A thyroid is a gland that releases hormones relating to growth and metabolism. It's a BIG factor in your body and a lot of people don't know that! I've had my neck checked since I was 19 years old because I've had nodules inside my neck since then. The last ultrasound I had, showed that one of my nodules grew and was sent for a biopsy. The doctor told me I had papillary cancer right then and there. My surgery was August 2nd of last year. I had to miss 3 months of work. It was a very hard time in my life...I had to have a round of radiation to kill out any remaining cancer cells.

Anyway..I have to take medicine everyday for the rest of my life. The medicine was too high therefore, I lost 10 lbs. I fluctuate from 103-105lbs now. I'm 5'3" keep in mind BUT my doctor said as long as I'm not going under 103, he's not going to worry about it.

I get lectured everyday on how tiny I am, I can't help that.  You didn't know my story but now you do.


0 comments:

Post a Comment